The Technical University system has to be the main torch
bearer of engineering education and research in the state. It is necessary to invest at the appropriate level for cultivating, on a sustainable basis, the ethos of
engineering education and research. The Government of India has invested heavily in research establishments in the field of nuclear, defense, space as well as ocean,
environment, biotechnology, as well as applied industrial areas. All these establishments require quality manpower.Many establishments are in need of quality Scientists. On
the other hand, the graduates of the universities are either not up to the mark or are not interested in pursuing career in such establishments. The faculty
positions in many universities are not filled up as no qualified/suitable candidates are available. Once again, the question of quality comes forth. It is clear that some
quality institutions are needed to develop a cadre of manpower of good standards for carrying out scientific research.UP Govt. issued a notification to start Centre for
Advanced studies for upgrading the standards of academics, quality of staff and research in the state. To make Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University as an institution of
higher learning of international repute, an Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS-AKTU) as in-campus academic & research institution is being setup. The institute has
started functioning from July 2017. The institute in its first phase is beginning with two M.Tech. programs in specialised areas of Cyber Security and Information and
Communication Technologies (ICT). The institute envisages to start courses and research in the frontier areas such as Mechatronics, Nano Technology, Bio Technology,3D
printing, Climate control, Market and Business Analytics, Big Data, Energy Studies, Manufacturing Science and Technology to name a few.
- =>To establish Centre for Advanced Studies of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University as a world class centre of Excellence for Postgraduate Studies as well
as cutting edge Research and Development in the areas of Engineering & Technology.
- => To provide a stimulating platform to research scholars and academicians in Engineering & Technology domain;
for creating and disseminating research based knowledge/technologies for the development of State/Country.
- =>To Bring together creative, dedicated & innovative scholars engaged in Engineering and Technology academics and research
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of the “Centre for Advanced Studies” will be to impart state of the art education leading to Post Graduate
Degree as well as to facilitate quality research work in the emerging areas of the technology to establish Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University as a world class premier
academic & research institution in the state with a global perspectives.
- >To create a unique institution in the country where in engineering & technology education will be totally integrated with state-of- the-art research
- >To create, therefore, an Integrated postgraduate degree programme in engineering following graduation
- >To create a cadre of high-caliber, internationally well-known faculty members which will be devoted to teaching as well as research activities in engineering
- >To strive to arrest the declining trend of young people in joining engineering education & research
- >To elevate the status of the university in terms of education & research in engineering & technology, at par with IITs & IIMs
- >To provide flexibility, education and training in order to charter new grounds and break compartmentalization of education & research under the
domain of Technology & Engineering
- >To make possible a flexible, border-less curriculum in which a student, say interested primarily in biology, should have no difficulty in taking courses of
other subject domains
- >To Collaborate or sign up MOU with International as well as Nation universities and institutions of repute.
- >To network Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS-Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University) with the existing institutions, laboratories, universities and colleges
in the neighbourhood in order to make optimal utilization of resources, both in terms of expensive laboratory facilities as well as teaching talents
- >To build a strong core faculty (permanent, Guest, Emeritus) that will be able to synergize research with teaching and education
- >To develop world-class research laboratories in order to improve the quality of education as well research in Uttar Pradesh.