Prof. M.K. Dutta
Prof. M. K. Dutta is a Professor of Computer Science & Engineering in Centre for Advanced Studies. Currently he is also in the Position of Director of Centre for Advanced Studies and Dean PG studies and Research in Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, India. His research interest include Machine Learning and Deep learning, Applications of Machine Learning/Deep Learning in Biological and Medical Applications, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Bio-Medical Signal Processing applications, Multimedia Signal Processing and Audio Signal processing. He has strong international cooperation with scientist from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Czech Republic, Korea, Costa Rica, Germany, Spain, Republic of Macedonia, Taiwan, China and have co-authored many research articles with them. Professor Dutta has co-authored 295 + indexed research papers in reputed international journals and conferences. He was involved as Principal investigator for 6 funded research projects and also has filed 10 Patents for his inventions. He has guided 5 PhD students (and 6 ongoing) and 21 M.Tech Dissertations. He was Conference Chair of two prestigious IEEE sponsored International conferences and he is in the reviewer panel and editorial panel of many prestigious journals. He has contributed through innovative work for the welfare of the society using the technological interventions which has huge societal benefit. Some of his important contribution was use of Artificial intelligence in clinical problems like automatic identification of retinal diseases digital fundus image, Classification of trabecular bone structure of Osteoporotic Patients from X-ray images using Machine Learning. He has also developed methods to identify major cardiac and pulmonary diseases using machine learning applications in body auscultation signals. He has important contributions in Artificial intelligence applications in contemporary biological applications like to identify the presence of cancer causing elements like acrylamide in Carbohydrate content food i.e. potato chips using computer vision and machine learning. His another notable contribution was to identify from fish images the freshness and also if the fish was exposed to toxic substances like pesticides and heavy metals like mercury. Other contribution of Prof Dutta was to find the effect of EMF radiation from mobile phones and cell towers on the human brain using computer vision and machine learning. A significant contribution was for the pandemic COVID-19, in which a machine learning model is designed for the classification of COVID patient and non COVID patients using chest X-ray images. Other philanthropic work Prof Dutta is involved in is to develop an “Assistive device to impart perceptual ability to visually impaired using intelligent scene captioning” in which an assistive device is designed using deep learning to recognize the objects which are highly relevant for visually impaired person.
एवं सततयुक्ता ये भक्तास्त्वां पर्युपासते । ये चाप्यक्षरमव्यक्तं तेषां के योगवित्तमाः ॥
मय्यावेश्य मनो ये मां नित्ययुक्ता उपासते । श्रद्धया परयोपेतास्ते मे युक्ततमा मताः ॥
( Favourite Sanskrit Shloka – Chapter 12 Verse 1 – Bhagavat Geeta)
Some Favorite Quotes:
1. The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
2. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence…- Poe
3. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced. - Swami Vivekananda
4. People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.- Kierkegaard
2. Applications of Machine Learning / Deep Learning in Biological and Medical Applications,
3. Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition,
4. Bio-Medical Signal Processing applications,
5. Multimedia Signal Processing: Tools and Applications,
6. Audio Signal processing.